2024 Michigan Republican Primary Preview: Trump Blowing Haley Away By Nearly 50 Points

The Michigan Republican Primary is set to take place tomorrow, February 27, 2024, which will be followed by a Caucus in Michigan this Saturday. 

Early polling in Michigan shows Donald Trump ahead of Nikki Haley by staggering margins. A poll taken by Emerson College shows Trump ahead by nearly 50 points in Michigan, meaning we are likely to see a sixth straight victory for the former president.

Voters can expect this race to be called as soon as the polls are closed in Michigan, so there won’t be much to watch for the rest of the night in terms of results besides the margin of victory.


What will be interesting to see is if Nikki Haley comes out to address supporters tomorrow. I am certain we will see Trump take another victory lap tomorrow, as expected, but I am much less sure what Haley’s game plan will look like. Unless she manages to come up with 40% of the vote, which would mean she has to outperform the polls by about 20 points, there will be no argument that this proved anything but show a serious lack of support in a crucial swing state. 


As I have previously stated, Nikki Haley is not concerned about whether or not she has the support of the Republican Party. She is staying in the race in hopes that Donald Trump is, one way or another, taken off the ballot. While I think there is a strong distaste for Nikki Haley among Republican primary voters, the distaste for Joe Biden would most likely be enough to get her a victory over him in a general election.


My prediction is that Haley does not address supporters on Tuesday unless she drops out of the race. She has already pledged to supporters that she is staying in through Super Tuesday, which means she has to plow through defeats in Michigan, Idaho, Missouri, and North Dakota, before getting to March 5. And yet, large donors, who have donated large sums to Joe Biden's 2020 campaign, keep throwing millions of dollars her way.


I’ll ask the same question I asked yesterday: What do they know?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American Man Lights Himself On Fire For Palestine In Front Of The Israeli Embassy